Marvel Book cushion

Hello everybody!

We have been celebrating the birthdays of my two little boys this month. They are both Lego and superhero mad (and Lego superheroes are the height of perfection for them). My eldest is currently particularly in love with Iron Man and the Avengers.

I have been thinking about making book cushions (also known as reading pillows) for a little while, so when I came across this T shirt in a charity shop, I knew it would make a perfect start for a gift for my eldest.


For various reasons, I ended up making it at the last minute the evening before his birthday. It only took me about an hour and a half.
I decided to use the T shirt as the main cushion cover. I added some bits from my stash to make the front pocket.


I machine quilted the panel simply along the white grid lines, and finished it off with some red bias binding from my stash along the top edge.



Then, with the panel pinned carefully in place, I made up the cushion cover the same way I do normally for T shirt cushions.

And here it is, before adding the cushion insert. I normally leave the gap at the bottom, but for this one I put it at the top so it wouldn't interfere with the pocket.



And finished!




Here's how the pocket works.



My little boy not only liked it, but realised I had made it, so I am pretty happy with that result.

Thanks for reading!

Linking up with Can I get a Whoop Whoop and the Peacock Party.

Comments

  1. Not only super hero fans in your family, but supermom as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

The 3rd Genevieve Awards: The Festival of Quilts 2023

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You