Mosaic Contest: Evening Ember

Hello everyone!

Rachel at Stitched in Color is holding another mosaic contest. This time her chosen colour theme is 'Evening Ember' and she has invited us to make a mosaic with blue and orange fabrics pulled from the selection at Sojo Fabric.

Here is my first one. I am calling it 'Earth and Sky'


I have chosen Earth motifs, including hedgehogs and trees in the lower squares, and Sky motifs - birds and angels - in the upper ones. With a bright firy orange right in the middle.

My second entry is called Sunset.


Bright oranges and yellows fill the sky over a blue landscape.

The way this works, Rachel looks at all the entries and draws up a shortlist. We then vote for our faves from the list and the winner gets a bundle of the fabrics in their mosaic.

I quite like blue and orange together. Maybe I will win a bundle that will lrt me make this design I drew in 2018.


It's created by alternating two traditional blocks - 54-40 or Fight and Churn Dash. And then colouring it to take advantage of the secondary patterns formed.

Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

The 3rd Genevieve Awards: The Festival of Quilts 2023

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup