Focus Cutting Sewalong December block

 Hello everybody!

As I mentioned previously, I am very behind with this sewalong. I still haven't made the May-November blocks. But I was really feeling like some Christmassy sewing, and I thought it would be nice to do one block this year in the right month.

Unsurprisingly, the theme for December is Christmas/Winter. And I picked identifiable motifs again from the weekly prompts. I decided to cut into this licensed Mickey Mouse fabric I was given as a gift last Christmas.


I used one of each character for the four houses. I auditioned two possibilities for the outer squares - a stripy fabric that was part of the same bundle as the characters, and an icy snowflake fabric. Sorry for the poor photo quality, but that's the deal with the lighting when sewing on December evenings.




My husband preferred the jolly stripy fabric, but I thought that would look a little too busy. The snowflake fabric felt more wintry to me, and I thought the blue tint in it would help the block to fit better with the other ones I've made, so I chose that. And here is the finished block! Just for fun, I have also posed it on my Christmas tree.




I am intending to join in with next year's half-hexie blocks weekly, as I am very much feeling the need to be back in the community next year, with the last year or two being so disrupted on that front. That will mean I have 4 quilts from this sew-along among my WIPs (works in progress). I really need to get round to making some more progress on, or actually finishing, the other ones.

Thanks for reading!

Linking to:
the Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop! at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

The 3rd Genevieve Awards: The Festival of Quilts 2023

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You