Halloween La Pass continues

Hello everyone!

I have been very quiet on here recently, and that's mostly because I have stalled a bit on the #focuscuttingsewalong. But I haven't lost my sewjo entirely, and the onset of the spooky season has me pulling out my Halloween La Passacaglia quilt to work on again!

It's been a while since I have done anything on this, so the first thing I did was lay out everything I have done so far, as a sort of stock take.


It's a bit less than I thought, but not to worry. I am still limited in what I can do on this, due to lack of fabrics, but I think I was putting some more artificial limitations on myself, telling myself I couldn't so certain parts until other parts (that I don't have fabric for) were done. I have taken these limitations away and that has felt incredibly freeing, because now there is a LOT I can do without any further fabric purchases.

I started by deciding I needed to join the two large rosettes together with a grey path of stars (there is an overall colour design that I am working to). I have as actually had some of the pieces for this basted and sitting around for well over a year.




I worked on a couple more rosettes using this bird skeleton fabric.

I also located 3 black narrow diamond fussy cuts and added them to some rosette centres I already had.



The one thing I have needed to buy more of is some little triangle paper pieces. These are so small that they don't survive a lot of reuse and there are literally hundreds of them in this quilt. They are also something I definitely have the fabric for (they are almost all blenders - I draw the line at fussy cutting something that ridiculously small hundreds of times). So as soon as they make their way through the post I have lots more I can do! In the meantime, I will keep finding other little corners I can plug away at, and slowly grow this quilt.

Thanks for reading!

Linking up to the Peacock Party and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

Comments

  1. That's going to be so cool! There will be so many things to find in your quilt when it's finished. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Wendy, and Happy Halloween to you, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You