December 2022 #focuscuttingsewalong roundup

Hello everybody!

Yes, I know it's 2023 already, and that I am kind of late in posting this. I had Covid for the first time over Christmas, and didn't really feel like typing. But I am doing better now, so here's a roundup of my December blocks. The theme was Christmas/Winter and I made 6 blocks.

Week 49 was identifiable motifs. I made one block.

Llamas in Christmas hats! Aren't they adorable? This is an Aldi fabric.

Week 50 was pattern matching. Again, I just made the one block.

I am really happy with the matching job I did on these gingerbread people.

Week 51 was obscure sections. I made two blocks this time.

This first block is a nighttime snowy block.

This is the original fabric I used, one that originally comes from my Mum's stash. You can see that it's sections from a snowman creating the ring in the centre.


This second, light blue block I am particularly proud of.


This is the original fabric, I used the bottom of the Christmas tree as the section.



The circle effect turned out so well! It recalls one I did with a green Christmas tree fabric in the 2018 sewalong.


And week 52, the final week of the year was freestyle. I made two blocks.



The first block was this snowy one.


This was one final wintry block for the year, showing falling feathers in a snowstorm.

And lastly this purple block.


This block brings the year full circle, back to the purple theme we started with in January. This is a Tula Pink fabric, from her Spirit Animal collection.

Late as this blog post may be, I did actually complete at least one block in the week it was set this year! This is the first time I have actually stayed on top of the sewalong for the full year! Go me! Here are all my blocks from the 2022 put together. I haven't counted them all, but there's lots (definitely more than 52).

2023 is the year of the honeycomb. We are sewing four honeycomb pieces into cross-shaped blocks each week. I am joining in again, so keep a look out for those posts, coming soon!

Thanks for reading, everybody, and belated Happy 2023!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You