Back to La Passacaglia

Hello everyone!

I thought it was a time for an update on my La Passacaglia quilt. I have been slowly working on the large purple rosette.


However, it has been going very slowly, and even stalling for weeks at a time. The outer ring isn't stitched on, it's just sitting in the place it will go. The reason for this is that I have been finding all the tiny triangles a bit tedious.  This is a bit of a problem, as there are still literally hundreds of these triangles left to go in the quilt.

But I treated myself to a whole bunch of new fabrics at the Festival of Quilts!

And this has given me the motivation to put the large purple rosette to one side, and stitch some other parts for now. I have been using the new fabrics to expand some of the smaller rosettes.


I have even managed to join one of these on to the larger chunk of rosettes that have been joined together.


The other new one connects to the large purple rosette I just put to one side. So I stitched together a couple of bits of it to get them joined together.


And I have started another couple of new rosettes.


I am so happy to be feeling enthused about this project again!

Thanks for reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You