Tula Palooza Sweet Tea Block.

Hello everyone!

Here's my May block for the tulapalooza sewalong. This one came together very quickly. The pattern is Sweet Tea by Amy at During Quiet Time and can be purchased from her shop here.

Here's my fabric pieces cut out. I knew straight away I wanted to adapt the pattern to allow a large fussy cut of the octopus in the centre. I very much chose the fabrics based on colour rather than design, so this mixes three different Tula lines together. I also wanted to get away from the greens and purples that have dominated the last few blocks.



This block came together very quickly! It's a nice simple block and the piecing instructions are very straight forward.



I am really happy with it, I like how the cat's eyes and woodgrain emphasises the strippiness of the block.

What I am not sure of is how I am going to make it fit with the rest of the blocks in the sampler quilt, because it is a different shape. I am considering squaring it up with more of the Yule log print. I asked for suggestions on IG and the general consensus seems to be leave as is for now and work it out when I have more of the blocks together.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup

The 3rd Genevieve Awards: The Festival of Quilts 2023