Halloween La Passacaglia Progress

Hello everyone!

I am wondering if my lack of motivation for the fussy cutting sewalong in May (read here) is partly because I have had quite a bit of enthusiasm for my other projects. Some decisions about colours and a couple of fabric purchases mean I have been able to get on with my La Passacaglia quilt. Here's what I have done since my last blog post about this.

This large orange rosette has been expanded.


For this one, I stitched the stars as stars, instead of in a different order like I did with the large purple rosette. For that one I was emphasising different shapes and I found stitching the little triangles quite hard going. They are much more fun to stitch like this! Most of the stars in this quilt (and there are lots!) will be more like these ones, so I am looking forward to them much more than I was.

I have done some new rosette centres, and added diamonds to a couple more.








One has been expanded to have some of the pentagons as well. This one will join onto the large purple rosette when that has had some more added to it. They way they link together means it doesn't need the complete ring of pentagons. As I am constructing this there will be lots of rosettes with apparently missing pentagons and stars. It will make sense when it all comes together. 


The large purple rosette that the one above will join onto has had some more diamonds added. This is hard to photograph, because it is getting big and not lying flat, but you can see a couple of the new pieces in this picture. 


And finally, the second large purple rosette has had some work done. I am again trying to show up different shapes than the stars, so these triangles are not particularly fun to stitch, and that is making me procrastinate a bit about this rosette. But it will look good, so it's worth the effort.


I do like the shapes formed by the fussy cutting in this one, particularly the bats.

And that's where it currently stands. I feel like this one is plodding along nicely.

Thanks for reading!

Linking up with the Peacock Party, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? and the Clever Chameleon.

Comments

  1. AWESOME... very awesome!!!💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some amazing fabrics in this one! I am anxious to see it as you go along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a La Passacaglia quilt but don't have your patience for handwork. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty fussy cutting! I'm not sure I'd have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps there is only so much motivation to go around, and I can see why this project has captured yours. :) I love how your fussy cutting makes this such a special and individual project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup