Finished! Happy Scrappy Hexie Hearts

Hello everyone!

I have my first finish of 2020! It's Happy Scrappy Hexie Hearts.



This one was the subject of my first proper blog post! I told most of its story then, you can read it here.

Since then, I have finished off the hand quilting and added the binding. The binding was the only thing I purchased for this project - everything else was already in my stash. It was not easy to decide what colour it should be bound in, given there is such a mix of colours in the piece. I went for 1 inch strips of a bright pink.




And now it's finished! It has taken almost exactly two years from start to finish. I never did think up a snappier name, so Happy Scrappy Hexie Hearts it is. I am going to keep this one for myself, and hopefully hang it on my lounge wall once we finally get around to putting some picture hooks up. I took it out for a mini photo shoot in the park, so here are some shots from that.









Thanks for reading!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You