Works in Progress

Hello everyone!

I have been working in a very bitty way on everything recently. I have lots of different things on the go and I work on whichever takes my fancy at the time. I thought I would round up my progress on a few of my more active projects that I haven't been posting about so regularly.

Tula Palooza June block

This has hit a snag in that I cut some fabric pieces out too small and now I can't find the rest of it to cut some more. I have looked everywhere, it seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Very annoying. Particularly as I really like how it's coming together.


This will get a proper post when I find the fabric / cave in and buy some more. Fortunately, it's not an out-of-print fabric.

Fussy cutting forest

I last posted about this here and here, but it has been progressing steadily since then. Here's how it looked in January when I took this pic as a layout guide:



Here's how it looks now.



I am well over half way through piecing the top. This actually has a tentative deadline of next Easter, as I am thinking about exhibiting it. I am planning to hand quilt, so I will need to pick up the pace if that's going to be achievable.

Happy Scrappy Hexie Hearts

I am attempting to finish this in June as part of South Bay Bella's sew for 15 minutes challenge.



I am currently quilting the final block, and after that it just needs binding. I have been low on motivation to work on this so the challenge is really helping. It would feel good to get a project finished soon as I think I need to cut this list down a bit.

Previous posts on this here, here and here.

Wedding Hearts and Ribbons

This is a mini wall hanging I am making as a gift.



It needs some embroidery in the centre and then I will quilt it and finish it off as an octagon. Hoping to get this done by the end of the summer. The pink showing through is my home made paper pieces not the fabric, which is consistently white.

This was mentioned when I first started it here.

RSPB Near to Nature Challenge

This is a lovely challenge to produce a mini quilt inspired by, and including a little bird or animal pin. Maximum size is 9x12 inches. I have a greenfinch pin. I have sketched out what I am planning to do and made a start sewing sunflowers, as they are a favourite food of the greenfinch.



The littleist one used quarter-inch hexies cut into thirds to make the petals! They really are tiny. As an indicator of scale, they are sitting on my cutting board, which has a one inch grid.

This has a deadline of mid-August, and I really want to get it in on time.

So alongside the Tula Palooza sampler quilt, fussy cutting sewalong and Halloween La Passacaglia, I have a lot going on! This is far from being an exhaustive list, especially if you count the things I am itching to get started on. It is getting hard to keep track of it all in my head, so I really should finish a couple of these before cutting out the next thing. Let's see if I manage that.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Holy Cow! You have a lot of 'plates spinning in the air'! It is so annoying when you can't find the fabric you need. Putting it in a safe place and one I'll remember is always a problem for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do seem to have a lot on the go at the moment! I have tried looking in all my 'safe places I will definitely remember' - no luck! It must be somewhere.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup