And more Halloween La Pass

 Hello everybody!

Seeing as I am feeling re-enthused about my Halloween La Passacaglia project, I have been making steady progress on it. I have been looking at getting the bits I have joined together.

Last time, I managed to add a smaller rosette to one of the large purple rosette.  I used this to be able to join on one of my odd-shaped side bits.


I then added in some grey path and attached two more rosettes to the side of the large purple one.


I have expanded this rosette:




And then used it to join my two larger sections together!

It's now too big to be able to photograph straight in my kitchen or lounge. Having so much of it joined on to each other like this is really motivating to me, it very much gives me a sense of everything coming together. 

I have also been expanding the quilt other places. The second main orange rosette, which will sit in the lower right quadrant of the quilt, has finally had some more white bits added to it.

This rosette, and the ones surrounding it is still where most the outstanding decision-making work for which fabrics to use needs to be done. This area needs a lot of fabrics that read white, which is still the type of fabric I am most lacking in, so I am tending to neglect it and focus on the areas that need black fabrics, which I have plenty of. I do have the fabrics I need for the next 'round' of this rosette, so having finally got these bits in, I am hoping to make a start on that soon.

For elsewhere in the quilt, I have made one new rosette centre and added diamonds to two others.

And I have added in more of the grey path coming down from the top section of the quilt.


Realistically, I think I am about a third of the way through piecing the top now. Seeing all the spooky sewing happening on Instagram as we head towards Halloween is helping to keep me enthused about this so hopefully there will be more to come over the next month! And just to make sure, I have treated myself to a few more fabrics.

However, I am planning on joining in another month-long sewalong for October! Called Quiltober 2022 and hosted by Nicholas Ball, aka @quiltsfromtheattic there will be 13 spooky prompts throughout the month for us to interpret with improv quilting. I have never tried improv quilting before but I think it should suit me - the main rule is no rulers, and I can't cut a straight line anyway (that's what I love about EPP, the paper shapes are neat so I don't have to be). So it should be a fun way to try a new skill and get some more use out of my now significant collection of Halloween fabric. Will let you know how I get on!

 Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! Sunflower Field Mini Quilt

Fussy cutting sewalong May roundup

Finished Quilt: Hats Off To You